Early intervention is key when it comes to treating diseases and illnesses in pets. Please call us as soon as you suspect something may not be right with your pet! Sick visits can be for any reason especially the following:
- Cuts, abrasions, or bite wounds
- Worms, fleas, ticks, or mites
- Urinating blood or urinary changes
- Your pet ate something that was not food
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Itchy skin, rashes, or hair loss
- Pain or limping
- Changes in behavior
- Loss of appetite or overeating
- Eye issues (tearing, redness, discharge)
- Ear infections
- Runny nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Overgrown nails
Some illnesses and injures cannot be detected on the surface.
Veterinary diagnostics are tools that allow us to learn exactly what’s happening inside your pet’s body so that an accurate diagnosis can be reached and an appropriate treatment plan put in place.
At Montville Animal Hospital we offer the following services:
- In house blood testing provides information about blood cells, organ function, and overall physical health. Results of these tests not only help with initial diagnosis, but also help us monitor the success of ongoing treatments and therapies.
- Fecal exams, ear swabs, and skin scrapes are evaluated microscopically to aid in the detection of parasites and infections.
- The latest in digital radiology equipment provides instant X-ray images on site. The studies are performed and evaluated by our doctors immediately, and when necessary, transmitted electronically to a radiology specialist for review.
- Cardiac consultation services are provided by a veterinary cardiologist. This includes chest X-rays, echocardiograms, and EKGs when needed. Heart specialists and our doctors evaluate these tests to create a treatment plan for our patients right away.
- Ultrasonography, endoscopic evaluations, and biopsy are available to us by a mobile veterinary specialist who makes regular visits to our facility for these advanced diagnostic procedures. We also offer immediate in house ultrasounds for limited conditions such as bladder stones and certain types of cancers.